This was mentioned yesterday afternoon, but if you haven’t seen it yet, stop what you are doing Right Now and take a peek at Columbia economist Xavier Sala-i-Martin’s website. A brief recap of why this man is awesome:
- Flamboyant wardrobe. Just look at that suit.
- Website is charmingly Geocities-style retro, full of tiled backgrounds and animated gifs, breaks all rules for good design protocol
- Secretly tortured soul yearning after a Nobel Prize
- He cares about you and offers this test to evaluate whether you’ve had too much
- President of the Economic Commission of Futbol Club Barcelona
- Fan of many other oddities Catalan
- Helluva lot of citations (yawn)
In other words, Sala-i-Martin is an all-around badass muthafucka.
Go. Now. http://www.columbia.edu/~xs23